Where is the Town's right of way located?
This depends on what street you live on. Call the Highway Department and the Superintendent or the Deputy will tell you where the right of way is on your particular street.
When will my street be resurfaced?
Roads are evaluated and prioritized on a yearly basis.
Why isn't my street plowed yet?
The snow plow crews have routes that begin from the highway garage to each neighborhood. Your street will be plowed according to where you are on the route. The main roads are done on a priority basis.
When is leaf pickup in the Town?
Our leaf pickup starts at the end of October and continues until all are picked up or there is too much snow to find them. Rake your leaves to the curb but not in the street/road and our crews will be around to pick them up as soon as possible. If you cannot wait for pick up, you may bring your leaves to 1801 Glenwood Road Highway Dept. M-F 7am to 3pm. Call the Main Office 607.785.4616 to check in. Resident is responsible to take their empty bags/cans. If you have hired a CONTRACTOR the Contractor is to take the leaves away. Please, no sticks or any other foreign objects. It slows our process and can break down our machines
When can I put my brush and tree clippings out to be picked up?
Brush Pick Up for 2021
- Sunday Night before FIRST MONDAY of each month:
- NOT ACCEPTABLE: Root Balls, Rocks, Stones, Lot Clearings, or any work done by a Contractor.
- ABSOLUTELY NO Lawn clippings, ornamental grasses, or thorny brush.
- We recycle our wood chips to residents of Vestal, who often use them in play areas for children.
- Branches must be piled parallel neatly at curb/roadside all in one direction, not in the street. Be sure no wires, shrubs or mailboxes are near the pile. (Picker truck long arm with clamp will have issues and slow down the process of picking up).
- Branch maximum length is 6’
- Branch diameter limit is 6"