The Clerks Office collects Town and County and Vestal Central School taxes. The office is also responsible for bank escrow maintenance and helping the Assessor's office with address changes.
You can find current tax information at www.taxlookup.net
Check payable to: Debra Wallace, Receiver
The US Postal Service postmark determines the date payment is made.
Mailing address: Debra Wallace Receiver
605 Vestal Parkway West
Vestal, NY 13850
In person payment at: Town of Vestal Clerks Office
605 Vestal Parkway West Vestal NY 13850
January 1- March 31st
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:30pm
*Closed all holidays
Tax Help-Line: (607) 754-3369
* DO NOT STAPLE OR TAPE THE CHECK TO THE PAYMENT COUPON
* To confirm your tax bill is paid, go to www.taxlookup.net. Search for Payment History. This screen shows the amount of tax billed and date of payment with an option to print. If you pay in person, the Tax Collector will stamp the bill paid. If paying by mail, you may obtain a receipt at www.taxlookup.net
* Do not combine payments for another taxing district. Each district is a separate legal entity for collections, requiring separate checks.
To avoid having your payment returned:
- Be sure to sign your check.
- Make sure check is payable to "Debra Wallace, Receiver" for Town and County Taxes.
- Include payment coupon and check mailed together to the above address.
- Make sure the numeric amount is clearly written and equal to the written dollar amount.
- Make sure your payment is postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the due date of the payment.
Please be aware that taxes can only be received one of two ways. In person at 605 Vestal Parkway West (hours listed above) or through the US Postal System (US postmarks are the only acceptable marking for dating. Metered machine marks are not accepted as they can be adjusted) Any questions feel free to contact my office.
If you have exemption questions/ address changes or questions relating to your assessment please call the Assessor Office at 754-3314.
Current Vestal Town/County Tax Rates :
Current School Tax Rate: $ 22.52
Current Library Tax Rate: $ 0.35
Current County Tax Rate $7.44
Current Town General Tax Rate $3.04
Note: If the property is in a special district other charges may apply.