The Comptroller's Office (also known as the Business Office) performs the Town of Vestal's accounting, auditing and employee benefits functions. It is staffed by a full-time comptroller and a support staff of three fulltime and one part-time employees. The Comptroller's Office also performs the above functions for the Vestal Fire District which is considered a component unit of the town since its governing board, the Board of Fire Commissions, is the Town Board.
The following duties are performed by the Comptroller's Office:
- Maintenance of detailed accounting records
- Preparation and filing of the annual financial report
- Budget preparation in conjunction with the Town Board and budget monitoring
- Payroll processing and employee benefits management
- Investing and borrowing functions
- Audit, approval, and payment of Town bills
- Assisting the Town Board in the development of policies regarding investments, borrowing, personnel, etc.
- Responsible for the audit of the books and records of Town departments
Laura L. McKane, CPA
(607) 748-1514 ext 324